Guidance Letter G-040
CLEVELAND STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE Cleveland, Tennessee
SUBJECT: Standards and Procedures for Records Inventory and Disposition
The purpose is to provide guidance in maintaining and disposing of records, forms, and publications.
In order to implement the Paperwork Reduction and Simplification Act of 1976, Chapter 757 of the Public Acts of 1976, the Office of Institutional Planning and Research is designated as the office responsible for monitoring the inventory and disposition of records, forms and publications.
- All forms and publications will be reviewed annually, deciding which are to be recommended for reissue.
- All records systems will be reviewed at least once each five years.
- All records must have an established retention period and a method of disposition.
Institutional Records Inventory and Disposition of Controls
The following records inventory guidelines will be followed with respect to all records series maintained at Cleveland State Community College.
- A Records Inventory Worksheet will be completed for each records series including record title and description, type of record, location of record, beginning and ending date of record, method of retention and suggested period of retention.
- A Records Disposition Schedule will also be completed for each record series providing instructions for the transfer and/or disposal of the record series. TBR Guideline No. G-070 specified disposition schedules for most record series.
- Copies of the Records Inventory Worksheet and the Records Disposition Schedule will be furnished the Director of Institutional Planning and Research.
The following disposition guidelines will be followed with respect to all records series maintained at Cleveland State Community College.
- An annual review of the Records Disposition Schedules will be conducted by the President and Executive Administrators. During the review, a list will be prepared of all records scheduled for disposition during that year.
- Disposition instructions will be initiated for each records series on the above list as indicated on the Records Disposition Schedule except in special cases where the review indicates that the Records Disposition Schedule needs to be revised.
- Copies of the annual Disposition instructions will be furnished the Director of Institutional Planning and Research.
- The following records inventory guidelines will be followed with respect to all records series maintained at Cleveland State Community College.
Source: TBR memorandum from the Chancellor dated June 2, 1979: Paperwork Reduction and Simplification Act of 1976; TBR Guideline G-070
Revised: January 1, 1993