Purchasing FAQs


May I fax my bid?

Fax bids will be accepted only if the total is under $25,000.00. 

May we attend bid openings?

Yes, bid openings are open for vendors to attend.

Do you always go with the low bid?

Yes, low bids are always awarded unless low bids do not meet our minimum requested specifications.  The only exception is when the bid is a Request for Proposal (RFP).   RFPs are awarded by a weighted scale defined by qualification, experience, technical and cost.

How can I obtain a copy of the bid analysis?

Contact the Purchasing and Contracts Department at 423.478.6239 or purchasing@clevelandstatecc.edu and ask for a copy. 

May I make changes to my bid after the opening date?

No, changes may not be made after a bid has opened.  Changes may be made prior to the opening date/time.  Changes must be initialed by an authorized employee of the company.

May I bid an alternate bid?

Yes, you may bid more than one option for a particular item, unless the College specifies “no alternate bids will be accepted.”  Alternate bids must meet the minimum requirements of the bid specifications to be accepted. 


Who do I send invoices to?

Send all invoices to accountspayable@clevelandstatecc.edu or Cleveland State Community College, Attn:  Account Payable, 3535 Adkisson Drive, Cleveland, TN  37312

What information is needed when invoicing?

Along with the specific items being billed, include the purchase order and/or contract number.  This will aid Accounts Payable in prompt processing of your payment.

Who do I contact with a question regarding payment on an invoice?

You may contact the Accounts Payable Office at 423-473-2328.


How may I get on your list of approved vendors?

You must complete and submit a vendor application.

How do I obtain a vendor application?

You may print one from our website or call the Purchasing Office at 423-478-6239 or 423-472-7141 ext 239.

I do not see my specific commodity/service on the listing of commodity codes, what do I put?

Please put the code that best describes your commodity/service.  If there is not one that closely resembles your commodity/service, please indicate this on the commodity section of the vendor application.

Why do I have to fill out information regarding my company’s ownership ethnicity/company size?  Will this affect whether I receive any business from the College?

The College is required to submit a quarterly report to the Tennessee Board of Regents (the College’s governing board) showing the volume of business done with small, minority, disabled, and women-owned businesses.  This does not affect a company’s ability to receive business from the College. 

How do I know if I am “Excluded from federal procurement or non-procurement programs?” 

If you have NOT been suspended, debarred or otherwise restricted by any Department or Agency of the Federal Government or of a State Government from doing business with such Department or Agency, you are NOT excluded from federal procurement or non-procurement programs.