Fall 2016 Graduation Information
December 10, 2016 10:00am
L. Quentin Lane Gymnasium*
*Previously scheduled to be held at George R. Johnson Cultural Heritage Center.
Information for All Fall 2016 Graduation Participants
We are pleased that you are planning to graduate from Cleveland State Community College. The following is VERY IMPORTANT information that pertains to your graduation. You are important to us so please read carefully!
|Activity||Who is involved?||Dates||What to do?|
|Graduation Exit Exam||All Associate degree graduates (Exceptions are noted on your graduation evaluation)||
Listed on CougarNet
Fall testing will start in August
Schedule your testing date by going to http://mycs.cc/testing
OR from the Cleveland State website, go to “Current Students”, “Services”, and then select “Schedule a Test”.
Make sure you bring your photo ID to the Testing Center on your test date!
|Fall Transfer Fair and Grad Finale||All graduates||November 10, 2016 10:00 am - 1:00 pm||
Come to this event to find out more information about transferring to a 4-year university or to talk to future
employers. It will be located in the Student Center Commons. You will be able to pick up your cap and gown, and you can also order invitations, rings, and other graduation items to mark this momentous occasion.
|Honor Cords||All degree graduates with a 3.30 GPA or higher on college level work at the end of the 2016 summer semester||November 10 - December 8, 2016||Pick up your honor cord at the Fall Transfer Fair & Grad Finale! If you cannot make it to that event, they will be available in the Bookstore starting November 11th. They are FREE to those that qualify. (Only Associate degrees are eligible)|
|PTK Stoles and Tassels||PTK graduates||November 10 - December 8, 2016||
The Phi Theta Kappa Society will have a table at the Fall Transfer Fair & Grad Finale for members to purchase their
regalia. You may contact Larry Burns at 614-8719 or stop by room 107 in the Library. Stoles are $24 and tassels are $10.
Exact change is preferred. Beginning November 11th they will be available for purchase in the Bookstore during normal business hours
|Caps and Gowns (Announcements may also be purchased in the bookstore)||All graduates||November 10 - December 8, 2016||
Pick up your complimentary cap and gown at the Fall Transfer Fair & Grad Finale on November 10, from 10:00
am – 1:00 pm. Beginning November 11th they will be available in the Bookstore during normal business hours.
|Commencement Tickets||Not needed||The ceremony venue has moved from the Johnson Center to the Gym.|
|Commencement Rehearsal||All graduates||December 8, 2015 3:00 pm||Report to the Gym. We HIGHLY recommend that you attend!|
|Commencement Reception||All graduates and their families||December 8, 2015 3:45 pm||Invite your family and friends to celebrate your achievement with you! We will serve light refreshments in the Gym for everyone to enjoy.|
|Commencement Ceremony||All graduates||December 10, 2015 10:00 am||Report to the Humanities Building no later than 9:15am with your cap and gown to prepare for the ceremony.|
Students who attend the Commencement Ceremony will receive a diploma cover. Diploma covers are only available at the Commencement Ceremony.
For family and friends of graduates who are unable to attend the Commencement Ceremony, it will be broadcasted live on the Cleveland State website at 10:00am. About a week after the ceremony, DVD copies will be available in the Library. Previous graduation recordings are available on our YouTube channel.
GradImages will be at the Commencement Ceremony taking professional photographs for the graduates. Photo proofs will be sent to your home and to your e-mail address within 3-5 days after the commencement ceremony. Pictures can be ordered online, by phone, or by mail. GradImages can be contacted at 800-261-2576 or via e-mail at http://www.gradimages.com
Graduation is held in our theatre with fixed seating. Any student participating in the ceremony who has a disability that requires special accommodations should contact Juliann Mathis, Coordinator of Disability Support Services, at 473-2427. Any questions or concerns about guests who need special accommodations and are planning to attend the graduation ceremony should contact Mike Hodges, Chief of Police, at 478-6236 or 618-1720.
**If you or a guest are in need of interpreting services please notify Juliann Mathis no later than November 11th
**All other special accommodations, please contact the appropriate person no later than December 2nd
For additional information regarding the ceremony, please contact Lindsey Mowery, Assistant Registrar/Graduation Coordinator, by email or phone (email@example.com or 423-478-6250).
Please view the graduation website, http://mycs.cc/graduation throu,ghout the semester so that you can stay up to date with information. We also include directions, maps, parking instructions, and discounted hotel rates that you can share with your guests.
Participation in the commencement ceremony does NOT guarantee that all of your requirements have been met to graduate. You will not receive your diploma until all degree requirements and obligations to the school are met. Please check your CougarNet account to verify that you do not have any holds.
DIRECTORY INFORMATION UPDATES
The information we have in our system is the information we will use when printing your diploma.
- If your name has changed you will need to complete the “Update Name, SSN, or Date of Birth” dynamic form on CougarNet. This ensures your name is correct on your diploma as well as in the commencement program.
- If your address has changed you will need to complete the “Update Address of Phone Number” dynamic form on CougarNet. If you request to have your diploma mailed we will mail it to the address we have in our system. Please remember this may not match the information you provided on your Intent to Graduate form.
GRADE POINT AVERAGES (GPA) AND HONORS
The grade points received for all college level credits are averaged to determine eligibility for graduation and for honors status. A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 is required to qualify for graduation. Teaching degrees (AST degrees only) require a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75.
Degree-seeking students with a GPA of 3.30 or higher at the end of the 2016 Fall Semester will receive honors status on their diploma. Honors status is based on the final college level GPA and is not determined by receipt of an honor cord for ceremony participation.
HOLDS ON DIPLOMAS/CERTIFICATES AND TRANSCRIPTS
An incomplete admission’s file, unpaid parking ticket, library fine or any other obligation will place a hold on your account and will prevent you from receiving your diploma/certificate and transcript. It is recommended that you check your CougarNet account often to be aware of any possible “holds”.
Directions, Parking, and Maps
- Enter: 3535 Adkisson Dr. NW, Cleveland, TN
Google Maps Driving Directions:
- Click the link below and then click the "Directions" link in the information box.
- CSCC Graduation on Google Maps
- Take I-24 E (signs for Chattanooga) Passing through Georgia Entering Tennessee
- Merge onto I-75 N, 23.5 mi
- Take exit 25 for TN-60 toward Cleveland/Dayton, 0.2 mi
- Turn right onto TN-60 N/25th St NW/Georgetown Pike (signs for Dayton). Continue to follow TN-60 N/Georgetown Pike, 0.2 mi
- Take the 1st right onto Ridgeway Dr. NW, 148 ft
- Take the 1st right onto Executive Park Northwest, 0.1 mi
- Slight right onto Adkisson Dr. Destination will be on the left, 0.9 mi
- Take I-81 S toward Knoxville
- Take exit 1B to merge onto I-40 W toward Knoxville, 28.5 mi
- Slight left to stay on I-40 W, 24.8 mi
- Slight left onto I-75 S (signs for Chattanooga), 57.9 mi
- Take exit 27 toward Paul Huff Pkwy/Cleveland, 0.3 mi
- Turn right onto Paul Huff Parkway/Paul Huff Pkwy NW, 0.2 mi
- Take the 3rd left onto Adkisson Dr. NW. Destination will be on the right, 0.7 mi
For those attending graduation, you may park in any designated parking zone. Parking near the venue is limited, please arrive early if close-parking is a concern. The north parking lot in front of the L. Quentin Lane Gymnasium is designated for handicapped parking. There are also handicapped parking spaces available in front of the Administration Building. Handicapped parking spaces are reserved for individuals with a state issued decal. The Cleveland State Campus Police will be present the morning of graduation if you should have any questions regarding parking.
Interactive Campus Map
There is a variety of hotels in the area around Cleveland State, but the ones listed below have extended special rates for our guests.
Special rates are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Special Code: TBD
- Hot Breakfast
- High Speed Wireless Internet
- Daily Newspapers and USA Today
- Microwave, Refrigerator, Coffeemaker with coffee, Hair Dryer, Cable TV, Iron and Ironing Board in all rooms
- Seasonal Outdoor Pool
- 32” LCD TV
- Business Center
- Copy and Fax Service
- Fitness Center
Phone Number: (423) 339-1000
Special Code: TBD
Room Options: Two double beds or one king bed at a nightly rate of $69.00 plus tax
Preferred Rates Valid Through: December 31, 2015
- Hot breakfast buffet
- high speed wireless internet
- local calls available in our guest rooms and in our breakfast area
- daily newspapers and USA Today
- coffee maker with coffee
- hair dryer
- cable TV
- iron and ironing board in all rooms
- seasonal outdoor pool
- 32” LCD TV
- Business Center
- copy and fax service
- fitness center
Phone Number: (423) 559-1000
Special Code: TBD
Room Rate Include:
- Free Hot Breakfast
- Exercise Facility
- Free Parking
- Free Wi-Fi and Free Business Center
- small refrigerator
- Iron & Ironing Board
Phone Number: 423-559-5579
Special Code: TBD
Rates Valid for: Saturday, December 13, 2014 & Saturday May 9, 2015
Phone Number: (423) 790-1199
Special Code: TBD
All guests have access to: pool, work-out room and buffet style breakfast
Inside entrance rooms include:
- more square footage per room
- an extra chair with ottoman or love seat
- flat screen television
- entry through the main lobby
Phone Number: (423) 472-1500
Broadcast / Webcast
For family and friends of graduates who are unable to attend the commencement ceremony, it will be broadcast live on WTNB Channel 5 at 10 a.m.
A webcast will also be available from this page.
About a week after the ceremony, DVD copies will be available in the Library.
Previous Graduation Recordings are available on our YouTube Channel.
Official Graduation Photography
If you participated in the December 2016 ceremony, you should have received an email with a link to view the photos at the email address(es) that you placed on your card that you provided to the reader during the ceremony. If you did not receive the email, please contact Grad Images' Customer Service Department at (800) 261-2576, online at http://www.gradimages.com or em,ail firstname.lastname@example.org. They have a large team of customer care representatives ready to help you and your family members with anything you may need.
GradImages is the official photographer for our Commencement. Proofs will be sent to your home and via email within three to five days after graduation. Pictures can be ordered online, by phone or by mail. GradImages can be contacted at 800-261-2576 or via email at www.gradimages.com.
Registering your graduate with GradImages provides them with the information they need to deliver your graduation proofs to you in a timely manner. Giving them an accurate mailing address and email address will allow them to get your proofs to you on the first try. You may also provide them with email addresses of up to six friends and family members to allow them to celebrate in the accomplishment.
Special Accommodations for Graduation
Graduation is held in our gymnasium with stadium seating. Any student participating in the ceremony or guest who has a disability that requires special accommodations should contact Juliann Mathis, Coordinator of Disabillity Services at 473-2427. Any questions or concerns about guests who have special needs and are planning to attend the graduation ceremony should contact Mike Hodges, Chief of Campus Police, at 478-6236 or 618-1720.
If you or a guest has special needs, please contact the appropriate person no later than December 4, 2015.
Tobacco Free Campus
Cleveland State is a Tobacco Free Campus
Cleveland State Community College implemented a tobacco free policy on campus in August of 2009. Smoking or the use of tobacco products of any type is prohibited on any property owned by, or leased and operated on behalf of, Cleveland State Community College. All guests and visitors will be encouraged to extinguish and dispose of all tobacco products on campus, including parking lots and sidewalks. Appropriate signage will be in place for explanation and clarification.
For more information on the tobacco free policy, contact the Office of Finance and Administration at (423) 472-7141, ext. 750.
How do I make an appointment for the Exit Exam?
- Fall graduates should not test before the fall semester starts. Once appointments are available for fall graduates, you can make a reservation by going to your CougarNet account and clicking on the Academics Tab. Then, look for the Testing Center Reservations link at the bottom left of the screen.
How long does it take to complete it?
- It is approximately 45 minutes long.
How do I study for the exam?
- There is no need to study for this exam. Although you will want to do your very best, there isn’t a certain score you have to make. You just have to complete it. However, if you do not take the exam seriously you will be asked to retest.
How much does it cost to participate in the Commencement Ceremony?
- The cost of the cap and gown is included in your tuition. The only additional costs you would have to pay would be if you wish to purchase any extra items (class ring, invitations, souvenir tassel, etc.)
Is there a limit on how many guests I can bring?
- No. However, you will want to be sure your guests arrive early in order to get a good seat.
When will I get my diploma?
- As long as all requirements are met and you do not have any holds on your account, your diploma will be ready January 22, 2016. Those that requested to pick up their diploma can come with a photo ID that day or any day after during our normal hours.
Can I have someone else pick my diploma up for me?
- Yes, but they will have to have a signed letter from you stating it is okay for them (state their name) to pick up your diploma. They will also have to show photo ID.
I need proof that I graduated before January 16. What do I need to do?
- Degrees will be posted to students’ transcripts (excluding any issues) within a few weeks. Due to the holidays, it may take a little longer. Once posted, your transcript will show that you have graduated. You can print an unofficial transcript off of your CougarNet account.
How do I request an official transcript?
- They can be provided directly to you, or we can mail them directly to another college, firm, agency or other responsible addressee. All we need is a written request signed by you.
- Prefer email? As long as you want your transcripts sent to another academic institution, you can submit your request via email. (email@example.com)
- Transcripts are provided and mailed free of charge. Please note you must notate that you would like your transcript after your degree is posted. Otherwise, it may be sent before the degree is posted to your transcript.
Do you need additional information about graduation?
For additional information regarding commencement, please contact the Graduation Coordinator:
(423) 472-7141, ext. 250 or 1-800-604-CSCC, ext. 250.
New Alumni, Keep in Touch!
Congratulations on becoming our newest alumni! We would love to stay in touch with you; please fill out our Alumni Contact Form so we can keep you updated!
If you would like to help CSCC students, faculty, staff and alumni who suffered loss from the recent tornados, you may donate to the CSCC Foundation Disaster Relief Fund.
Monies from this fund will be used to assist members of the CSCC family and others from our immediate service area.
We will accepting monetary donations to the Disaster Relief Fund at our Fall Commencement on Saturday, December 10 or you may donate online by going to www.levelandstatecc.edu/disaster-relief