The Adult Promise Scholarship is our commitment to adult students attending college for the first time or returning to college to complete their first degree. Cleveland State Community College and the Cleveland State Foundation have worked together to provide funds for last dollar scholarships for adult students who meet the following qualifications:
- Independent student 19 years of age or older; not eligible for Tennessee Promise.
- Students cannot have a degree (certificate students are eligible).
- Student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (http://www.fafsa.ed.gov) and have demonstrated financial need as determined by the Financial Aid Office.
- Once enrolled, student must maintain a 2.5 GPA.
- Part-time students must pass a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester. Full-time students must pass a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
- Student must make Satisfactory Academic Progress and remain aid eligible.
Scholarship will cover “last dollar” tuition not covered by any other scholarship, employer tuition assistance program, state aid (including WIA), federal grants and discounts. Applicants must be accepted to Cleveland State before applying for scholarships. To apply, log in to our Scholarship website using your CougarNet User ID and Password: https://clevelandstatecc.academicworks.com