Personal Development & Counseling
Feeling stressed out? Having a tough time getting through tests? It’s time for a visit to the Counseling & Career Services Office.
Promoting personal growth, self-understanding and awareness through programs and activities, the Counseling & Career Services Office helps you regain solid footing as you make your way through college.
Counselors provide guidance and support on a walk-in basis or by appointment. Our counselors are trained to recognize their boundaries of competence regarding personal counseling and frequently refer students to local providers who are better equipped to provide ongoing mental health services.
However, our counselors offer a range of services, including the following:
- Providing a confidential setting in which students can discuss personal issues hindering academic success;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with community mental health providers to refer students who need mental health services;
- Facilitating workshops to increase awareness of mental health and personal development issues;
- Providing educational resources for students, faculty and staff about mental health and personal development issues; and
- Serving as support in on-campus emergencies in which students experience emotional problems.