Beginner Lego Robotics - Cleveland
Enter the world of robotic engineering as we set out for a week of exploring, designing, building, and programming using Lego's.
Camp Begins: Jul 9, 2018
Camp Ends: Jul 13, 2018
Cleveland State Community College, 3535 Adkisson Drive Cleveland, Tn 37320
About Beginner Lego Robotics - Cleveland
July 09 - 13, 2018
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Cleveland Main Campus Johnson Center
3535 Adkisson Drive
Cleveland TN 37312
Enter the world of robotic engineering as we set out for a week of exploring, designing, building, and programming robots using LEGO NXT kits. Together with your partner, you will construct robotic creations from your imagination, program them to accomplish tasks, respond to external stimuli, and overcome challenges. You will learn to control the robot using NXT programming language and software programming techniques to solve a wide variety of interesting challenges throughout the week.
This unique hands-on learning experience delivers excitement while teaching young students all about science, technology, engineering and math in a fun and creative way. They will also get a valuable experience in developing their teamwork and communication skills. At the end of camp, partners will compete with other teams to finish challenges and earn the highest scores.
During the camp, your child will learn:
- How to build and program robots using LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT kit
- Creative problem solving
- Basic mechanical engineering concepts
- Basic programming concepts
- Communication & teamwork
- How to identify robotic parts and components
- Assembly of sensors and movement of basic robotics
- Understand basic movement and sensor application programs
- Understand advanced programming concepts and commands
- Apply and utilize creative applications for robotics
- Identify industrial robotic applications
*Classes will be separated based on age/grade level.
Check-in each day will begin at 8:30 am with camp activities taking place from 9 am to 3 pm. Lunch is provided.
Special Instructions below:
Please click on the Behavior Form and Permission slip below and print off and discuss with your child. Please fill the form out and bring to the first day of camp at sign in.
OneSource Workforce Development and Continuing Education
- This price is valid from: Feb 8, 2017
- Includes: Lunch and T-Shirt
- CSCC Employees: 15% off